40 cocktail bites
600 g well-marbled beef
0.5 dl toasted sesame oil
0.5 dl rice vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
5 tbsp sesame seeds
Salt and freshly-ground pepper
Wasabi powder or paste
- Cut the fillet of marbled beef lengthwise into approx. 5 cm thick strips.
- Heat a frying pan until smoking hot and brown the beef strips.
- Take the pan off the heat when the strips are brown; they should be rare inside.
- Place the strips in a bowl.
- Mix the oil and vinegar together and pour the mixture over the strips.
- Fry the sesame seeds in a frying pan until golden brown and pour them over the strips.
- Season the strips with salt and pepper.
- Allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
- Season the mayonnaise to taste with the wasabi powder or paste. (Slightly hot)
- Slice the beef strips thinly against the grain.
- Cut the salad cress and put pieces of salad cress lengthwise on top of the beef slices.
- Pipe some mayonnaise over the slices.
- Roll up the beef slices one by one.
- Cut rectangular pieces of Malax Loaf; you can leave the crusts on.
- Put the rolls on top of the Malax Loaf pieces and drizzle with the marinade using a spoon.
- Pipe the rest of the mayonnaise over the rolls and garnish with salad cress.