(1 round springform pan, Ø 20-22 cm)
1. Cut the loaf in cubes and melt the butter.
Run the loaf cubes in the blender, add melted warm butter and let the blender
run for a while longer, to make a smooth mixture.
2. Cover the bottom of the springform pan with wax paper, and spread the
loaf-butter mixture in the pan, press with your hands to make a compact ”cake bottom”.
3. Soak the gelatin leaf in cold water.
4. Cut the salmon and scallion in small cubes. Pluck the dill leaves from
the thick stems and chop the ”leaves”, do not use the stems.
Grate lemon zest and squeeze the juice.
5. Combine cream cheese, crème frâiche, salmon, dill, scallion and spices. Mix well.
Warm a pot and bring white wine to a boil, add lemon juice and geletin
(first squeeze out any extra water), let the gelatin leaf melt carefully in the
warm liquid, do not boil it.
6. Chill the gelatin mixture for a while, then combine it carefully with the
salmon-cheese mixture. Pour the mixture on the bottom and smooth well.
Keep in a refrigerator overnight. Serve the cake the following day, either as a whole
or cut into portions. Garnish with e.g. shrimps, roe, cherry tomatoes, cucumber,
dill and other herbs to taste.
300 g Malax Loaf
•75 g butter
•200 g cream cheese
•200 g crème frâiche
•250g cold-smoked salmon
•40 g scallion / spring onion
•1 tbsp chopped dill
•0.5 tsp grated lemon zest
•1 tbsp lemon juice
•1 tbsp dry white wine
•1 gelatin leaf
•0.5 tsp black pepper (from mill)
•0.5 tsp chopped sea salt
•0.5 tsp sugar